Each year, a group of inspirational men are invited to take a leap of faith and abseil down the cliffs of Kangaroo Point in Brisbane to raise awareness and funds for White Cloud’s services that provide practical and clinical treatment and support for people struggling with depression and anxiety.
Our first Leaping Lads was held in 2020 and some of the blokes that took the leap included Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner, former Premier Campbell Newman and Wallabies legends Tony Shaw and Dan Crowley.
This year’s Leaping Lads event – sponsored once again by FTI Consulting – will be held on Thursday 14 October as part of Queensland Mental Health Week.
So far, our Leaping Lads for 2021 include:
- Jason Akermanis, AFL and Brisbane Lions legend
- Nick Gregorski, Port Office Hotel Publican
- Todd Pepper, Executive Director and Founder of Alceon
- Tony Auden, 7NEWS weather presenter
- Andrew McCormack, Partner at Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- Ben Campbell, Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting
- Cr James Mackay – Cr for Walter Taylor Ward
- Malcolm Watts, General Manager of Commercial Operations at Queensland Rugby Union (Queensland Reds)
- Nick Crang, General Manager of Development at National Storage
- Ossie Niksch, Founder of Steaks with Mates and Founder/Director of The Pest Bully
- Tom Kennedy, Dealer Principal at Motorama Ford
- Toby Disher, Property Professional at Doug Disher Real Estate
- David Hertweck, Senior Manager of Environment & Planning at Port of Brisbane
To support your favourite Leaping Lad by making a donation, simply click here.