Each year, a group of inspiring women are invited to take a leap of faith and abseil down the cliffs of Kangaroo Point in Brisbane to raise awareness for perinatal depression and raise money to support the Meals for Mums Program.
Meals for Mums provides nutritious home-delivered meals, the phone support of a volunteer program coordinator and links to additional community services. The service helps over 300 women across South East Queensland and Tasmania each year.
Our last Leaping Ladies event was held on Thursday 5 March 2020 and raised an incredible $21,801 to support our Meals for Mums program. This money raised by our amazing 2020 Leaping Ladies will provide over 3000 meals to more than 150 new mums who are doing it a little tough.
Our Leaping Ladies for 2020 were:
- Meg Ward, ADF Air Force Fire Fighter and Australian Rugby League player
- Zofia Zaborska, International Qantas Pilot
- Dr Alex Markwell, Senior Staff Specialist, RBWH and Chair of the Queensland Clinical Senate
- Caroline Fairs, Australian Rugby Union player and Australian Army Captain
- Alison Sandy, Freedom of Information Editor, Seven Network
- Sue Greiner, Chief Finance Officer, Coho Resources
- Renee Hyman, Former world professional surfer turned skincare entrepreneur
- Michelle Rae, Former White Cloud Foundation Meals for Mum Coordinator
- Nicola Molloy, Associate General Counsel, Aurizon
- Lisa Fawcett, Director of Nursing Operations Director, Metro North Mental Health
- Mary Smith, Managing Director, Aurora Adventures
- Brigette Seymour, Advance Care Paramedic, Queensland Ambulance Service