Each year, a group of inspiring women are invited to take a leap of faith and abseil down the cliffs of Kangaroo Point in Brisbane to raise awareness for perinatal depression and raise money to support the Meals for Mums Program.
The 2021 Leaping Ladies event was held on Thursday 11 March as part of Queensland Women’s Week.
Together, our 13 amazing Leaping Ladies of 2021 raised an incredible $32,720 to support our Meals for Mums program. This money has enabled us to provide over 4,500 meals to more than 320 new or expecting mums who are struggling with perinatal depression.
The Leaping Ladies for 2021 were:
- Barbara Kassulke, Director of Investment Solutions, NAB
- Georgia Christie, Exercise Physiology Student, QUT.
- Kate Copeland, Executive Director, Metro North Hospital and Health Service
- Kylie Farrelly, Artist
- Melissa Whittley, Manager, Mykonos Apartments
- Sarah Coulthard, Dealer Assistant, Shaw and Partners
- Nicci Hinckfuss, Artist & Fashion Designer
- Claire Packer, Managing Director, FTI Consulting
- Renee Berndt, Category Lead, Aurizon
- Siobhan White, Owner, Hypoxi Bulimba
- Joanne Evans, Business Financial Planner, Suncorp
- Angie Dobbrick, Acting Executive Director, Metro North Hospital and Health Service
- Jen Kinsela, Paramedic, Queensland Ambulance Service
The 2022 Leaping Ladies event will be held once again during Queensland Women’s Week.