This year’s group of amazing Leaping Ladies raised an incredible $21,801 to support our Meals for Mums program.
Meals for Mums provides 20 nutritional, home delivered meals to mothers who are at risk of or suffering from perinatal depression. These mothers are referred to White Cloud Foundation through hospitals and other health care facilities.
The money raised by our 2020 Leaping Ladies will enable to provide over 3000 meals to more than 150 new mums who are doing it a little tough.
Our Leaping Ladies for this year were:
- Meg Ward, ADF Air Force Fire Fighter and Australian Rugby League player
- Zofia Zaborska, International Qantas Pilot
- Dr Alex Markwell, Senior Staff Specialist, RBWH and Chair of the Queensland Clinical Senate
- Caroline Fairs, Australian Rugby Union player and Australian Army Captain
- Alison Sandy, Freedom of Information Editor, Seven Network
- Sue Greiner, Chief Finance Officer, Coho Resources
- Renee Hyman, Former world professional surfer turned skincare entrepreneur
- Michelle Rae, Former White Cloud Foundation Meals for Mum Coordinator
- Nicola Molloy, Associate General Counsel, Aurizon
- Lisa Fawcett, Director of Nursing Operations Director, Metro North Mental Health
- Mary Smith, Managing Director, Aurora Adventures
- Brigette Seymour, Advance Care Paramedic, Queensland Ambulance Service
Each of these ladies were challenged to take a leap of faith and abseil down the Kangaroo Point Cliffs in Brisbane on Thursday 5 March in order to raise awareness for Perinatal Research. They each also ran an online campaign to raise funds for White Cloud’s Meals for Mums service..
To see all the photos of the 2020 Leaping Ladies, simply click here to visit our Facebook page.